MyCrossword Forum
Problems solving us...

Notifications
Clear all

[Solved] Problems solving using phone browser

widdersbel
(@widdersbel)
Topic starter  

Hi Raider, I was trying to solve a puzzle on the site using my phone last night (iPhone 12) but the keypad wouldn't pop up on my screen with the cursor in a grid square - not sure if this is a problem with my phone settings or the site, but I tried it in both Safari and Chrome and neither worked. It looks like the browser isn't recognising grid squares as text fields. (I did update the phone's OS yesterday, so it's possible the problem is a change in my phone.)

While I'm here, can I also put in a couple of requests for features?

- A next/previous clue button would be handy - using a desktop browser, I can use the tab key for this, but it's not so easy on a mobile browser.

- The other one that would be a 'nice to have' (but far from essential) would be the ability to add/edit the picture after publishing - it was only after I'd published one of my puzzles that I realised I'd forgotten to set a picture... 

Loving the site. Keep up the great work!

David

Raider
(@raider)
Member Admin

Thanks David - that's good to know. It's 100% my fault as I've built a new version of the grid component and pushed it live yesterday. I'll try and take a look later and see if I can get it resolved. Also, the previous/next clue feature is on my list so watch this space.

ReplyQuote
widdersbel
(@widdersbel)
Topic starter  

Thanks. I had noticed a couple of tweaks on the site and wondered if it might be related to that.

Re the new grid, I very much approve of the changes to how the anagram helper works.

I wouldn't have noticed the Reveal letter function, because obviously I never hit reveal. 😉 

This post was modified 2 months ago 2 times by widdersbel

ReplyQuote
Coot
 Coot
(@coot)

Thanks Raider - I’ve noticed the same problem on both iPhone and iPad.

Would just like to second widdersbel’s sentiments about the site. It really is excellent and the new features look great too. I will certainly be making use of the reveal letter function!

Cheers,

Simon

ReplyQuote
Raider
(@raider)
Member Admin

FYI I've rolled back the changes for now to give myself some time to investigate the issue.

ReplyQuote
Raider
(@raider)
Member Admin

The keyboard issue should be resolved now (he says confidently...) - let me know if it's not working as expected.

ReplyQuote
Coot
 Coot
(@coot)

Works well - thanks! 👍 

Raider liked
ReplyQuote
Share:

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website.