MyCrossword Forum
Unexpected 'logout'

Notifications
Clear all

[Solved] Unexpected 'logout'

Laccaria
(@laccaria)
Topic starter  

This may be a bug, or just something I'm doing wrong.  But sometimes I find I've been logged out, and taken to the login page, just as I'm trying to post a comment (on the crosswords page, not the forum).  I'm certain that I was logged in before starting to write the comment.  Problem is, I then lose my comment - unless I copy and paste it elsewhere first.  I'm on a PC using Firefox and W10.  Any ideas?

Raider
(@raider)
Member Admin

Ah yes, this is annoying - another one on my list to fix. When you log in an access token is created and is valid for 5 days. The token is validated on back-end operations such as page access, commenting, voting etc. If the token expires during a crossword solve, which is reasonably likely due to solving time, when you go to comment it will be prevented as you're not technically logged in (despite the front-end suggesting otherwise). Couple of ways of handling this issue but I think the simplest option is to just increase the expiry time from 5 days to 1 year - this is the default for other services. I'm not entirely sure why I thought I needed such a strong security policy for a crossword site 😆 I'll do this now before I forget.

This post was modified 5 months ago by Raider

ReplyQuote
Raider
(@raider)
Member Admin

Done.

I would recommend logging out and back in again to ensure you get one of the new, year-long tokens.

ReplyQuote
Laccaria
(@laccaria)
Topic starter  

Thanks Raider.  I'll do that.

ReplyQuote
Share:

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website.